The coordination of the Bar Associations’ activity and the representation of lawyers in total is the main work of the Plenary. Particularly, works of the Plenary are:
- Studying the problems that arise from the exercise of the legal profession and the promotion of solutions.
- Caring for matters concerning the organization and function of the judicial.
- The studying and processing of matters relevant with legislation and case law.
- The representation of lawyers before the authorities, international organizations and the bodies of the European Unions.
- The creation and operation from the Plenary of a legal information data bank, in collaboration with state authorities.
- The collaboration and coordination with other scientific associations of Greece, of foreign countries and in particular of the European Union.
- The organization of conferences of Greek Bar Associations.
- The intervention in matters of national and social interest.
- Any other work entrusted to the Plenary by the Code of Lawyers.
The Plenary of the Presidents of Greek Bar Associations is legal adviser of the Greek State.